Last week I asked ya’ll over on my Instagram page how to increase your water consumption during our #happyhealthyyou weekly chat. Let’s just say you guys know how to deliver some amazing help. It also seemed like a lot of you were having the same issue.
The docs over at Mayo Clinic suggest drinking 3 liters or 90 ounces of water a day. 90 OUNCES!!!!
For me personally this is a challenge. I am always on the go so remembering to take a large tumbler or water bottle with me is hard. I need to get into the habit of not leaving the house without water. Below I compiled all of your amazing ideas into one spot to hopefully help you increase your water consumption as well.
15 Ways To Increase Your Water Consumption
1. Buy a cute water bottle
2. Drink 16oz of water with lemon first thing in the morning before your coffee
3. Infuse your water with fruit. This water bottle does it for you!
4. Always use a straw
5. Use the Starbucks Venti tumbler and refill multiple times
6. Take vitamins such as a multi vitamin and B Complex and drink a large glass of water with each supplement
7. Fill 4-5 glasses of water and have them ready to grab in the fridge
8. Mark a bottle with times. Drink to that mark at each time increment.
9. Set a timer on your smart watch to remind yourself to drink water
10. Drink a large tumbler of water before every meal
11. Reward yourself with something at the end of the day if you drink all of your water. Watch your favorite show, social media time, face mask, foot rub from significant other, etc.
12. Use a water tracker app on your smart phone to log your water or set reminders
13. Put drops of essential oils in your water such as grapefruit or lemon
14. Drink Carbonated water if you need the fizz. La Croix, San Pellegrino or Topo Chico are great alternatives
15. Never leave home without your water. Take it with you like you would your wallet!