During the holidays I love to make easy Christmas treats for our neighbors. I packaged them up in these cute cellophane bags or festive boxes and hand them out with our Christmas card. It is also fun to make each one of these easy Christmas treats and give an assortment in each package. Christmas usually means a lot of company and these easy Christmas treats are also great to have on hand around the house.
My favorite Christmas snack is Frosty Mix. This stuff is seriously addictive! I can’t sit down with it or I will eat the entire bowl. My friends even sent me hate texts because they couldn’t put it down! This is the perfect year round snack. Just change up the M&M’s to coordinate with whatever holiday is happening. Red, white and pink for Valentine’s, pastels for Easter, etc.
These recipes are not mine. They have been sent to me by family members, and friends over the years. If you want to keep this page handy, bookmark it for later use or save this link to the notes section of your phone!
Easy Christmas Treats Recipes:
- 2 Small Packages or 1 Large Package Nestle White Chocolate Chips
- 5C Cheerios
- 5C Rice Chex
- 1 10oz Package Mini Pretzels
- 1 Can Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 1 pound M&M’s (red/white for Christmas, pink, red & white for Valentine’s, etc)
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Combinecheerios, chex, pretzels, peanuts and m&m’s in a brown paper grocery bag.
- Heatwhite chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute at a time,stirring between.
- Pourchocolate over dry mixture and shake bag very well. Make sure all mix is coated.
- Pouronto wax paper and let cool. Breakpieces apart and put into plastic container or bags.
- 1 box Chex Corn Cereal – 14 ounces
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups pretzel pieces
- 2 cups Christmas M&M’s
- Pour Chex cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Melt in the microwave on high heat for 1 minute. Stir and continue heating for another 30 seconds. Remove from microwave.
- Add in the vanilla extract then mix well.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cereal and stir to evenly distribute.
- In a gallon-sized ziploc bag pour in 2 cups of powdered sugar. Add the chocolate chex mix, seal and shake well.
- Pour chex mix into a bowl, then add pretzels and m&ms. Mix well and serve.
- 40 salted saltine crackers or enough to line your pan
- 1 cup unsalted butter (either use salted butter or salted saltines but not both)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
- optional 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with at least a 1/2 inch edge or jelly roll pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Line saltine crackers in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- In a small pot combine sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Once mixture is at a boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes. Mixture should be a deep caramel color. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 to 6 minutes. It will get all bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and let sit a couple of minutes to melt. If your pan isn’t hot enough you can even pop it back in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt them. Sometimes I melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute then spread it on. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts if desired. Cool completely and break into pieces.
Click here for Gooey Chex Mix Printable
Gooey Chex Mix
- 6 cups corn Chex Cereal
- 6 cups golden grahams cereal
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- In a large bowl, mix Corn Chex cereal, golden grahams cereal, coconut, and almonds. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine the corn syrup, sugar and butter. Bring to a boil for two minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about two minutes.
- Pour over the cereal mix and mix well until the cereal is coated. Spread on a cookie sheet to cool.
- 1 (11 oz) bag Rolo candies (50 Rolo’s)
- 50 mini pretzels
- 50 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay pretzels in a single layer on baking sheet then place one Rolo candy in the center of each pretzel.
- Warm in preheated oven just until chocolate and caramel have softened, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from oven then press 1 pecan into each Rolo candy. Transfer baking sheet to refrigerator and chill until chocolate has set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature (preferably in a single layer – the chocolate softens up just a little at room temperature).
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you have a holiday party coming up or want to plan a themed Christmas dinner, these ugly sweaters and dresses are a great way to add some extra fun! I recently saw some of my friends went to dinner and they all wore ugly sweaters.
Ugly Christmas Sweaters
Every year our friends host a Santa Claus and PJ party. The kids have a blast and it’s always fun to dress in pj’s all day long! If you are still looking for Christmas pj’s, below are some of my favorites.
Christmas Pajamas For The Family