The end of summer always puts me in a slump and I have noticed more and more that my thoughts have been very negative. My mission for the next 30 days is to change negative thinking into positive thoughts. I know, you are like duh that’s easy. Just quit being negative. Issue solved. Or maybe you are like me and tell yourself well “it’s the truth what I’m thinking” or “I’m just a realist.” These are things I also told myself. Here is where the issue lies. These thoughts then manifest and are ultimately negative.
“Be The Reason Someone Smiles Today”
Lately I have been on a “self help” podcast kick (I will list my favorites in a future post). A few of these podcasts have focused on negative thinking and how to change your mindset. One thing that resonated with me what how we wake up and start our day.
Picture yourself waking up and think about how your day will go. You probably don’t picture yourself sitting on the couch in five year old sweat pants and a dirty tee while eating chips and watching talk shows. You probably picture yourself having a pretty good day spent talking to friends or coworkers, playing with your kids/pets and generally being happy and productive. Keep that positive mindset with you all day!
6 Ways To Change Negative Thinking
- Choose what you want to focus on.
- Positive thoughts and positive sentences become positive energy. Negative thoughts and negative sentences said outloud become negative emotions.
- Focus on the positive in every situation. If your friend/coworker/spouse is spewing negativity, DON’T join the negative nelly train! Spin their negative thoughts into positive thinking. Watch their body language and thoughts change almost immediately!
- Talk About Solutions- Dwelling on problems gets us nowhere. Mention the problem and go straight to finding solutions. Any time something doesn’t go the way my kids want and they start crying I ask them, ” are you being a problem maker or a problem solver?” What can you do to get what you want? 99% of the time their mindset shifts and they are thinking about ways to fix their toy or rebuild their fort.
- Silence Your Inner Critic- Don’t talk about yourself negatively in your mind. Thoughts like “I’m so fat” “I can’t do anything right” “nothing ever goes my way” become reality. Change negative thinking into positive thinking.
- Write down 3 Things That Made You Happy- Everyday write down three things that made you happy. Text them to yourself, put it in a notebook or write it in the notes app in your phone. You could even do this with a friend or your spouse to spread the love of positive thinking!
SHOP MY LOOK